As you all may already know, the financial aspect of adoption is great and will cost around $25,000-$40,000 in total to bring our children home. Throughout the process, we will have several fundraisers and items for sale to help cover adoption fees. We appreciate any help we can get financially or otherwise and want to truly say thank you so much for partnering with us on our journey.
- Lifesong for Orphans Matching Grant- Mount Ararat Baptist Church and Lifesong for Orphans have committed an Adoption Matching Grant of $3,000 to help us raise the funds necessary to complete the adoption of our children. This means Mount Ararat Baptist partnered with Lifesong for Orphans will match “dollar-for-dollar” everything we raise through our Lifesong account HERE (paypal will charge a 1.9-2.9% service fee and the amount received by Lifesong will be decreased by that amount) or by avoiding the fee and sending a check to the following address up to $3,000. Either way, your donation will be tax deductible.
Lifesong for Orphans
Attn: Breidenbach #3161 (include also in the memo section of the check)
PO Box 40 / 202 N. Ford St
Gridley, IL 61744
- Both Hands Project- Along with that, we also received approval for our Both Hands Mission project. Its a chance, not only to raise the funds to bring our children home, but to also serve a widow, just like it talks about in James 1:27. We will assemble a team of friends and family to help us complete the project. Together we will send out letters to ask people to sponsor us for the day as we work on a widow's house. We will have a day of fun working together as we paint, clean, de-clutter, do landscaping, etc. All the funds raised will go towards our adoption. It's just like asking someone to sponsor you for a 5K run. One hand for the widow (physical work) and one hand for the orphan (financial contributions). Watch the video to find out more about Both Hands.
- Parent's Night Out Events- We set up 3 more opportunities for parents to take some time out while we have a pizza party, crafts and game time with their children.
- With the first 3 events we raised $1,545
- With the second 3 events we raised $1,575
Thank you so very much to the families that participated. Our hearts are filled with gratitude for all you have done to help bring our children home!!
- Yard Sale Fundraiser- We had a yard sale fundraiser and took donations of anything someone else could use.
- We raised $450
- On Orphan Sunday, our church opened a Marketplace for the adopting families and with t-shirts, bags, prints and donations, we were able to raise $2045.00 toward our goal.
- Pampered Chef Fundraiser- We had a Pampered Chef fundraiser and promoted it through Facebook. We were able to raise $400 towards our goal.
- We have set up an Etsy site (Click Here) to see a few "family creations" we have for sale. We have some of Jason's aviation paintings in there for now and there will be adoption related items coming soon.
- We have also set up a coffee store. Please stop by for a visit.